Friday, June 4, 2010

Strawberry Picking May 2010

Recently a group of us headed out to Greta, Va to the do some fun and hot berry picking. It took about an hour but it was worth the heat and squatting down. I was sore for about two days :) I thought about calling those tasty berries "STRAINberries". Kind of wish I had picked more because after they were cleaned and put in baggies they didn't look like they would last very long. After looking at those beautiful berries for most of the day I did the only justifyable thing I could do...I HAD STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE FOR SUPPER!!!
Just a thought: am I bearing "Spiritual Fruit" for the Lord?
Judy

The strawberry gang ready to tackle those fields!




37 pounds (Sherry and kids) and 9 pounds (me) later.




Daughter Sherry and Me.




Cleaning and hulling.




All clean.




Packed and ready for the freezer.



The finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment