Sunday, January 3, 2010

Planner Plans

Hi my name is Judy and I am married to Mr. Organized Planner. He is really, really, really a Daytimer user of more years than I can honestly remember. He is so faithful at keeping a planner I even think he has a back up system for planning. After years of my husband encouraging me to get a planner and years of failing to keep one successfully I finally surprised him last year and we went planner shopping, my idea! After he recovered from the shock we picked out a planner that fit my requirements. It had to fit in my purse, the whole month had to be visible, the blocks for each day had to be big enough so I could write more than one action item, etc, etc.

I found out a planner really was a blessing and helped me keep track of our busy schedules without surprise collisions. I can honestly say I used it quite regularly, I'm not as judicious as my husband is but I'm getting the idea. So just the other day I bought my 2010 planner. After a year I could tell better what I needed and made a few changes in my selection. Like my husband said "If you don't like this one you can always get another one before next year."

I chose a Bible verse which I wrote on the inside of last year's cover:

Psalm 90:12
"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom."

If you have never gotten into the planner routine may I encourage you to try it? You may surprise yourself and really see it's great worth.

Happy New Year!
Judy




Good bye 2009 planner!



Hello 2010 planner!




Just waiting to be filled!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you found a new one for this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ashley,sorry we took away all your fun helping me find a new one :)
    Love,
    Nanny

    ReplyDelete