Friday, August 7, 2009

All Your Anxiety

A man said on the radio that, “Anyone who doesn’t have high blood pressure theses days simply isn’t paying attention

Two men were talking about this issue of worry and anxiety and one of them said to the other:

I have a mountain of credit card debt.
I have lost my job
My car is being repossessed
Our house is in foreclosure
But, I am not worried about it.

The other man said:

I don’t understand – I would be worried sick if I were you!

The first man said;

Well, I don’t have to worry because I hired a professional worrier and he does all my worrying for me.

The second man said:

That’s fantastic! How much does your professional worrier charge for his services?

First man - $50,000

Second man - $50,000! I thought you said that you were broke. Where are you going to get the money to pay him?

First man; I don’t know. That’s his problem to worry about, not mine – that’s why I hired him.

Quotes

“The beginning of anxiety is the end of faith and the beginning of true faith is the end of anxiety “– George Mueller

“Worry pulls tomorrow’s clouds over today’s sunshine.” – Charles Swindoll

“Worry is wasting today’s time to clutter up tomorrow’s opportunities with yesterday’s troubles.”

Worry often gives a small thing a big shadow – Swedish Proverb


Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 1 Peter 5:7

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7


God whispers in our pleasures but shouts in our pain – C. S. Lewis

I seeth that grace groweth best in winter. – Samuel Rutherford

There is no pit deep enough that God is not deeper still. – Corrie Ten Boom

DON'T GIVE UP; KEEP PRESSING ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment