Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sometimes the best answer is the simplest.

Once in a while a little humor brightens my day. How about you? I love the comic section of the paper, especially "Pickles." The rest of the news paper is usually depressing but the delight of the comics . . . a few minutes of relief as you look upon the "lighter side." Here is one of my favorites!

The Lone Ranger and Tonto are camping in the desert. They have set up their
tent and are asleep. Some hours later, Tonto wakes the Lone Ranger.
"Kemo Sabi. Look up at the sky and tell me what you see."
The masked man replies, "I see millions of stars."
"What does that tell you?" asks Tonto.
The Lone Ranger ponders for a minute. "Astronomically speaking, it tells me
that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets.
Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Time wise, it appears to
be approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, it's evident the Lord
is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, it
seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What does it tell you, my
faithful friend?"
Tonto is silent for a moment, and then speaks.
"Kemo Sabi, Someone has stolen our tent."

Look for the second right answer and you'll find it is usually the simplest.

1 comment: