Friday, March 6, 2009

Spring Forward!



Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Cor. 5:17

Do you think it’s a coincidence that Spring and Easter are the same time of year? I don’t. Being from Yankee Land I have always looked forward to spring. After the cold, dark and drab months of winter the first signs of spring always bring excitement and hope. When the crocuses or daffodils peak their heads out and the days begin to warm it seems like everyone’s attitude takes a leap forward. The first sign of a Robin or the sudden frantic building of the birds nests all tells us something is about to change. And now sooner than what it used to be comes that time when we move our clocks ahead one hour. We call it “spring forward.” We may complain about losing a little sleep but honestly for most of us we love to see that day come. The blessing of extra daylight in the evening and the sure sign that summer is just around the corner overshadows any inconvenience.

I spent about nearly twenty seven years in a spiritual winter state. I was cold, dark and dead. In that season a man who was concerned for my soul asked me about my spiritual condition. It was very convicting and it caused me to “shiver with conviction.” He also shared with me how he had passed from Winter to Spring and that it had changed everything in his life. He urged me to turn from death and choose life. He was used of God to make the message of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ come alive in my heart. Soon after he spoke with me I humbled myself before the Lord of Heaven and earth. I bowed both my knee and my heart. I sought His forgiveness, begged His mercy and committed to give Him first place in my life for the rest of my life. By faith that day I turned from Winter to Spring, and from self to the Savior. And by the power of the gospel I had a “Spring Forward” experience.

Don’t forget to set your clocks ahead Saturday night before you go to bed (Spring Forward) so you don’t miss Sunday school or be late for church. And don’t forget to regularly share the “good news” so others hearing the gospel have an opportunity to “spring forward” by the power of that gospel.

PB & J

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a shopper. I always get frustrated and head for the nearest coffee shop, enjoy a cup and head home. Always refreshed to have just gotten out of the house for a short while.

    But I love a new dress every now and then...what gal doesn't?!

    ReplyDelete