Monday, February 16, 2009

HUG ME AND TELL ME YOU LOVE ME







Matt. 19:13 Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them. 14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. 15 And he laid his hands on them,

This is Valentine’s month when we think of the romantic. That is an important and health aspect of every marriage. There is another completely different need for love and touch in a family that has nothing to do with the romantic but everything to do with healthy parenting. Jesus understood the value of appropriate and timely touch. Above are verses that deal with his touching of children. Most everyone He physically healed He also touched. Why? Because as the creator God he understood that at the core of our being we cry out to be loved and one of the best ways to communicate that love is by touch.

Please let me offer a practical suggestion. At least once every day you initiate a call to each of your children into your arms for a hug and the words “I love you.” I can remember telling my children they could ask me for a hug anytime and I would stop what I was doing and would love to give them a hug. I was tested many times. To this day most times I’m with my children, who are grown, I still give them a hug and tell them “I love you.” You can ask them, they still likeit! You know what? I miss getting the hugs and affirmation from my own parents since they have gone home to be with the Lord. Both Judy and I work at taking each of our grandchildren into our arms and individually tell them how much we love them and what a precious gifts they are to us from the Lord.

Have you hugged your kids today? Have you invited them up onto your lap for a cuddle? Have you told them you love them and they are precious to you? Go ahead, do it, they need it and you’ll be surprised to find out you needed it too!

PB & J

No comments:

Post a Comment