Wednesday, February 18, 2009

De-Cluttering De-Cupboards



Today I finally got to a job I have been putting off for some time now. It's not too bad once you get started. That's the problem, starting. I've had things sitting on my counter top for way too long that needed to be put in the cupboard. I also needed to just tackle the time consuming job of taking everything out,tossing out what was out dated or what I was never going to use again, wiping down the cupboards and neatly putting things back again. Well, most of the cupboards are done and I can enjoy looking in them and have that peace of mind of a job well done.

Sometimes I find my mind accumulates alot of clutter. Wrong thoughts, attitudes, false imaginations. All those "junky" thoughts that don't bring God glory. He gives us the antidote for all that wrong thinking. His word says in II Corinthians 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) 5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Just like pulling everything down from my cupboards,casting it into the trash bag and neatly putting things where they belong I can also cast down all those wrong thoughts that clutter up my mind so I can enjoy peace of mind because I have started to think on things above not things on this earth. Ahh, a clean cupboard and a clean mind,what a nice thought.

1 comment:

  1. What a great analogy! Being someone who loves to organize, I love this principle- THANKS!

    ReplyDelete