Friday, February 20, 2009

De-Cluttering De-Cupboards De-cision





I have decided to go a step further and post before and after pictures of my journey through getting rid of clutter in my kitchen. My last post only showed how the cupboards looked after they were cleaned out. Today's pictures will give you an idea of how bad the "cupboard confusion" was. It was a matter of stashing stuff here, there and everywhere. I really do know how to keep a neat kitchen but at times it is just easier to be undisciplined and let things go. Pretty soon my kitchen was controlling me instead of me controlling my kitchen. How crazy is that? I can't even blame it on little kids in the home since it's just me and my husband.
So it is time to push the reset button and clean things up for peace and order.
My mind is the same way. I can discipline my mind by taking God's Word and writing a verse on an index card that is applicable to my situation and reading it when a wrong thought comes and be reminded of God's truth that sets me free and gives me the peace that passes all understanding.
I Corinthians 14:33 "For God is not the author of confusion,but of peace,"... I'm glad God's Word has the answer for every situation in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment