Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Big 6-0 Countdown Begins...Oh My!!




Well my 59Th birthday has come and gone. No big deal...even after my husband sent out a Foxes News Alert with the countdown to 60 "365,364..." etc. to friends with out me knowing it until our daughter spilled the beans (thanks Sherry :) I later told him he should have sent out a "Silver Fox News Alert" being the good sport that I am!
My husband had a very nice family birthday party planned. The only one not making it was our son who was at home sick :( I felt really loved as I am very blessed with such a wonderful family. Our 16 year old granddaughter made a beautiful and delicious birthday cake for me, we are still enjoying it! I received some lovely cards and gifts from family and friends. To top a wonderful celebration my husband spent 2 whole days with me. Yesterday we stayed in town and had lunch at the Red Lobster, walked the mall for our exercise. Then we went to Starbucks and he got a coffee and I had a frappacino. Today he took me to Roanoke for lunch at the Olive Garden and we shopped both malls. He was the only one who found a couple of good buys. As for me, I had the "curse of the gift cards" when you have the money to spend and just can't seem to find anything to buy. Oh well, I know I'll find some things sooner or later.
We just returned home a little while ago safe and sound. We are thanking the Lord for His Hand of protection as a stone hit the windshield on my husband's side, it could have been a tragic ending to a wonderful couple of days. But we are rejoicing in His goodness and remembering safety is of the LORD. Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment