Saturday, January 31, 2009

Procrastination throws away Time’s Opportunity

Others wiser than me have looked into the pages of Scripture making applications about time that have been good reminders for me not to procrastinate but see “time” as a resource given by God to use wisely and invest for eternity.

Time . . . an earthly trust which, if invested wisely, will produce eternal treasures.

Time . . . a limited resource extended only by giving the first part back to God.

Time . . . a daily treasure which attracts many robbers.

Time . . . a current opportunity to be right before the Lord.

Time . . . an open window, to share the gospel, that will one-day close.

Time . . . a test of maturity revealed by what I do with my free time.

Time . . . a test of character revealed by what I do in secret.

What time is it for you? The Bible speaking in generalities says “The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, . . .”

I am almost 60 years old. That means that maybe I have about 10-20 years of time left. In all probability 80 % of my time has been spent! I can not go back and reclaim or regain time but I can invest the future days God gives me. When I decide about my priorities and use of my time I have found that the above statements are valuable in helping me live with out regrets. I hope they will help you too.

Is it time for you to _______ ?

PB & J

No comments:

Post a Comment